Accelerated partial breast irradiation is a proven alternative that shortens the length of treatment and may improve quality of life, according to research presented by Beaumont radiation oncologists at this year’s American Society for Radiation Oncology conference.
The study concluded that after 10 years, there were no differences in cancer recurring or spreading. Thirteen years ago, Anita Evans participated in that study. Today, she’s cancer free and telling her story.
- Beaumont’s Minority Outreach Program Offers Early-Detection Screenings for Hundreds
- Runner Competes in Marathon 3 Weeks After Robotic Prostate Surgery
- ‘Stars Guitars’ Auction and Concert Benefits Kids After Cancer
- Beaumont Seeking Volunteers for Colon Cancer Prevention Study
- Beaumont Leads National Trial Studying Shorter Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Beaumont is First in Southeast Michigan to Offer Molecular Imaging to Detect Breast Cancer
- Beaumont Unveils New Nanoknife Technology to Treat Cancer